Case Management Administrative Assistant/General Duties
North Vancouver, BC
No. of Vacancies: 1
Closing Date: October 26, 2017, at 11:30 PM (PST).
- Great opportunity to help make a difference to the Squamish Nation community!
- Use your administrative and leadership experience to join a dynamic and progressive First Nations government.
- Enjoy a competitive salary, plus comprehensive benefits and pension plan.
About the Squamish Nation
The Squamish Nation is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history.
About the Opportunity
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Case Management Administrative Assistant/General Duties to join our dynamic and progressive team in North Vancouver on a Term Full-time basis with the possibility of becoming permanent.
This admin assistant position provides reception and general administrative support to the Ayas Men Men Case Management team. The position is responsible for clerical support as well as archiving of files for case management. Position requires strong secretarial, clerical, and administrative skills. Basic knowledge of Squamish Nation policies and practices is required.
Other responsibilities include:
- Takes daily instruction from Team Leader, Admin Services to perform a variety of administrative, reception and clerical tasks.
- Responsible for reception function.
- Performs a variety of regularly-scheduled clerical duties.
- Coordinates archiving of system for Ayas Men Men Case Management databases and hard copy files.
- Participates with, and supports, other admin team members.
- Provides customer service to clients and visitors.
- Adheres to workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates as a member of Ayas Men Men Administration and Ayas Men Men Child & Family Services Teams.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, you must have a Certificate in Office Management, Administration or relevant/related field from a recognized post-secondary institution. Plus 1 year of directly-related experience in the majority of duties in the job description including; office administration, word-processing, reception, forms management, etc. Grade 12 plus 4 years may substitute for above education and experience.
In addition, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience as an intermediate level user of the MS Office, the Internet etc.
- Working experience with a large scale computerized database system. Experience with JD Edwards is an asset.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations Community (particularly Squamish) is preferred.
- Willing to obtain within a set time frame: a valid BC Driver’s License Class 4 or 5. Class 7N may be considered & a reliable vehicle and current auto insurance is preferred.
As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to software applications, switchboard operation, document control, office equipment, etc. Successfully completion a Criminal Records Vulnerable Sector Check is also required, as per Squamish Nation policy.
The above requirement is what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
ABOUT THE REWARDS
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary plus a great host of benefits for yourself and your family. Above all, you will have the opportunity to contribute at an exciting time of growth within the community, and play a part in employee initiatives, environmental protection activities, and community building.
If you're looking for a new opportunity to use your experience, consider joining Squamish Nation. Apply online today!
Please note that candidates must apply online by October 26, 2017, at 11:30 PM (PST).