Recruiting & Orientation Coordinator
PERMANENT FULL-TIME POSITION IN NORTH VANCOUVER
- Great opportunity to join the Squamish First Nations community
Take your career to new heights with a dynamic and progressive First Nations government
ABOUT THE SQUAMISH NATION
Squamish Nation consists of 23 villages and is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s Landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history. The Squamish Nation's culture is rich and resilient. We continue to practice our customs and traditions, which are strongly interconnected with our traditional territory. Together with our lands, our customs and traditions are the foundations of who we are as Skwxwú7mesh.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Recruiting & Orientation Coordinator to join our Human Resources team in North Vancouver.
Reporting to the Team Leader Recruitment & Orientation / HR Management team, Recruitment & Orientation, this position provides administrative support to the Recruitment division and the department. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating job postings, employment agreements, related paperwork, panel interviews and job coding and coordinating the day-to-day functions of the auxiliary/on-call pool, data entry, etc. The position requires strong administrative, clerical and office skills as well as the ability to coordinate activities and multi-task in a fast paced environment. Back up timekeeper and receptionist on an occasional basis. Basic knowledge of Squamish Nation policies and HR practices is required. The incumbent operates at a high level of employee interaction and must be able to respond with professionalism, tact and diplomacy. The incumbent is well organized and has exceptional interpersonal, technical/administrative skills, time management is a team player who enjoys working independently and as part of a team. Squamish Nation information is kept strictly confidential.
Other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative and technical support for the talent acquisition process through review of applicants, drafting employment agreements and following through on due diligence processes.
- Prepares draft job postings and summaries, completing necessary paperwork, maintaining accurate file management and timely follow up. Tracks applications and provides updates to team. Follows up and communicates with new hires, ensuring professional and timely response. Assists and supports the Talent Acquisition team with advertising and contacting vendors.
- Assists with shortlisting of applicants. Coordinates and schedules recruitment process and interview panels Prepares applicable pretest and selects appropriate interview questions.
- Coordinates the recruitment process through completion of required documentation, ensuring accurate hire dates, compensation and benefit information is included. Ensures interview times are communicated and material, interview rooms are prepared in advance. Liaises with payroll and finance department ensuring accuracy of information is received. Updates tracker to ensure timely reminders for probationary reviews, wage increases, etc.
- Drafts offer letters, provides timely follow up to applicants. Organizes and schedules dates for completion of all documentation.
- Ensures all employee data is entered accurately into JD Edwards (JDE), other systems, Liaises with Finance Department ensuring employee changes are updated in JDE and with timekeeper.
- Coordinate and assist with employee orientation/on boarding.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining auxiliary/ on-call pool ensuring requests are promptly and accurately completed. Completes all necessary paperwork.
- Adheres to and supports workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices and procedures
- Participates as a member of Recruitment & Orientation and Chén̓chenstway Human Resources, IT, Print & Production Teams.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
In addition, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Certificate in Human Resources, Business Administration, Office Administration or relevant/related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- 2 - 3 years of directly-related experience in the majority of specialties listed in the job description including office coordination, clerical duties, project coordination, recruitment, etc.
- As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to recruiting, interviewing, and benefits/disability management, etc.
- Experience as an intermediate level user of the Internet and Microsoft Office Applications – Outlook (email), Excel, Word, etc.
- Previous experience with ATS systems.
- Advanced experience with a large scale computerized database system. Experience with JD Edwards is an asset.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations Community (particularly Squamish) is considered an asset.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s License Class 4 or 5. Class 7N may be considered.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and current auto insurance.
- Must provide a valid Criminal Records Check as per Squamish Nation policy.
- May be willing to consider Grade 12 plus 5 – 6 years of directly-related experience.
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
Salary: $36,359 to $42,775 annually, plus a comprehensive benefits program.
If you're looking for a new opportunity to use your experience, consider joining Squamish Nation. Apply online today!